Saturday 19 January 2008

Mellow Moments?

JIWANG ALERT!!
Disclaimer : Is that even the right word? Whatever! If you're not a girl, and not feeling particularly in a jiwang mood now, please refrain from reading this post. I only realise how corny this post might sound AFTER writing it, I guess my jiwang-moment just passed.

First before I start writing I would have to turn of that jiwang song playing in the background so I can think properly. Its 5.40am on a Saturday, yet I'm still awake due to oversleeping in the afternoon. So back to my topic title, mellow moments?, I'm sure many of you have experienced it. One day you're all alright (girls) / macho (guys) then suddenly you can sit back down on your lazy chair and mellow thoughts start over-flooding your mind.

You suddenly feel so humble, noble, soft, caring, human?, etc. Not too many images fill my head, maybe just glimpses of it but thats it; I don't go reminiscing my first kiss and all. I just sit, and think.

Aetiology (cause of the 'disease')
In my case, its due to 3 factors.
  1. Listening to an OST of a jiwang movie called My Sassy Girl (Title : I Believe), do download it and listen, it's worth it
  2. Ever gone cycling to a market 30 minutes away 6.30am in the morning? I'll be doing that in a while. So we've got a mellow song AND an activity to go with it what else do we need?
  3. Mellow thoughts, this came in the form of a friend's blog, i.e. Wan Yean's --> CLICK HERE
Only the other day I was talking to my first crush on how I had a crush on her and what not way back in Standard 4(I was only 10 years old). This blog really made me remember it all over again. How we use to have puppy love here and there, how the feeling that time was so, simple, so, pure, then I wondered how I have changed since then.

I remembered I used to walk from my school to a nearby girl's school every Friday afternoon, just to see her (a second crush) mother drive her out of school; and it lasted like, 5 seconds?, zoom and gone. Like that also happy.

That was then, this is now. Am I happy with the person I am today? There are some things I would like to change, there are some things that I regret doing. But all in all, I still remember how I used to be, and yes, I still am very much like that 10-year-old Eric I remember I once was

.. at least now I don't turn red, and stare at my shoes, EVERY SINGLE TIME I talk to a girl

9 comments:

lookenneth said...

Hmm.. don't know any Helen. Btw Hi! I'm the less chubi chubikia. You're the more chubi one I presume?

MuFFy said...

haha! i remember "i love my shoes" eric .. lol! :P

Eric Koay said...

owh the chubikia fellow
your name was too tempting i had to say something

yes im sure you remember
now make sure u dont tell people all the other 'horrible' things i did

lookenneth said...

Haha. I take that as a compliment.

h.3.l.3.n said...

chubi chubikia?

Eric Koay said...

whats the hype about chubikia..
this is my blog...
its about meeeeeeeeee....
meeeeeeeee!~!~!~

Anonymous said...

haha, once in a while still can kena the turn red kantoi syndrome if u r caught offguard. but at least now we can cover much more efficiently.
sucks that we did quite many things that we regret banyak banyakly, but at least we learnt right? :)
man, i feel you in this post. shit, at least there is no swee lin to testify for my case. haha.

Ang Choon Seong said...

now u are above the United Nation's standard of THE MAN.
**tabik springgg**

Eric Koay said...

we know who is the man...